Trivia_is_defined as insignificant or unessential matters, as well as obscure and useless knowledge. It is derived from the Latin words tri, “three,” and via, “ways.” In Roman times trivia would describe an intersection of three roads. At this point there would be kiosks and places to post information for travelers that was frequently ignored. We have made our obscure and useless knowledge into a game for you all, a chance to learn more about us and prove how well you know us. If you wish to keep score you may create your own scoring rubric and compete with other readers.
Choose the best answer to the following questions:
1. Choose the things, ordered from most important to least important, that we find most pleasing.
a) showers, tailwinds, laundry, free food
b) laundry, free food, tailwinds, showers
c) free food, showers, laundry, tailwinds
A wild ‘X’ appeared!
2. Which animal has eluded us in our travels?
a) Boa Constrictor
c) Grizzly Bear
Como se llama?
3. What is the name of Isaiah’s bicycle?
4. What is the name of our Mariachi band?
a) Chupacabra Scramble
b) Tres Leches
c) Sangre de los Niños
d) Viva Oxxo!
5. Identify the owner of the following tan lines:
6. Whose calf is that!?
You heard it hear first
7. Who is the speaker of the following quotes, and which location best suits the quote?
a) “Guys, we just dropped twenty G’s on ice cream.”
b) “I have bean juice all over me.”
Now that you are breathing hard from intense thought we hope you picked up some useless facts about us. We’ve had six months in the saddle and we are accumulating the marks of the road. Our callow skin has grown tough and tan, and our muscles are starting to match our spirits. With the Andes towering over us it couldn’t have come at a later time.
Highlight text below for answer key:
5. a) David, b) Nathan, c) Isaiah
6. a) David, b) Isaiah, c) Nathan
7. a) David, in Aipe, Colombia, b) Isaiah in Monarch Sanctuary in Mexico